Páginas

4/25/2017

Review by Piaras

Whatever flaws we might identify or frustrations we might feel are trivial in comparison to a reader's pure joy in losing himself/herself in a narrative. When all the elements come together: an intriguing plot, thoughtful, profound themes, complex, troubling, characters, and language that make us shudder for its honesty, clarity, and confidence; we gratefully set all analysis aside and give ourselves up to the sheer magic of a great book. And for me, The Good Dictator I: The Birth of an Empire is such a book.

The story had every element a good story should have. An exciting plot, attention to detail, but best of all fleshed out, well-written and well-rounded character development. There’s an abundance of well illustrated scenes that really make you feel like you are right there in the story, and that's something I really look for in a good book.

This captivating and commendable work had me immersed from the beginning. The story flows from scene to scene with ease, and the author shows exceptional skill when it comes to storytelling. There are twists and turns in this page turner that will take the reader on a gripping journey.

It’s one of those stories that come along once in awhile that makes you want to read it non-stop until you get to the end. And that’s exactly what I did. I’m giving nothing further away here. And this, I hope, will only add to the mystery and enjoyment for the reader!

If you are unfamiliar with this author, you don’t know what you’re missing out on! I’ll certainly be looking forward to reading more from Gonçalo JN Dias in the future. I would definitely recommend this book. Five stars from me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R185Z3VI49G1HE/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01N0FTZ4O

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário